
Jose Mourinho has launched a scathing attack on the Football Association after the Chelsea manager was fined and given a one-match suspended stadium ban.
Mourinho was fined £50,000 ($77,000/68,000 euros) on Wednesday after accepting a misconduct charge from the English FA for comments he made about the officials in the wake of a 3-1 loss to Southampton in the Premier League on October 3.
He was unhappy that referee Robert Madley had refused to award Chelsea a penalty for Southampton goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg's challenge on Radamel Falcao.
Following the news of the FA's decision, Mourinho made it clear he is furious he has been punished, while Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has escaped any discipline for his own recent comments about officials.
"I'm happy that I don't have an electronic tag," said Mourinho, who was speaking at an event in London to promote his book MOURINHO on Thursday.
"£50,000 is a disgrace. The possibility of getting a stadium ban is astonishing."
Mourinho is aggrieved his old rival Wenger went unpunished for calling referee Mike Dean "weak" and "naive" following Arsenal's defeat to Chelsea last month.
Wenger also escaped censure for pushing Mourinho in the Stamford Bridge technical area in October 2014, something which still grates with the Chelsea boss.
"The difference between afraid and weak and naive is £10,000 and one-match stadium ban," said Mourinho, who will be banned from the stadium if he speaks out of turn again in the next 12 months.
"Afraid costs £50,000. Weak and naive - you can do it."
In a clear reference to Wenger, whose infamous shove on Mourinho followed an angry touchline row, the Blues boss added: "We can push people in the technical area."
Mourinho's latest outburst comes after Chelsea felt obliged to issue a statement in support of their manager following the champions' slump to 16th in the Premier League.
He has had to endure reports of a dressing room mutiny against his management amid Chelsea's worst start to a season for decades.
Source: AFP
GMT 18:30 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
FIFA trial: New York jury acquits former Peru soccer bossGMT 13:18 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Early drama as Sydney to Hobart fleet race to break recordGMT 20:25 2017 Monday ,25 December
Klopp urges Liverpool to focus on Euro ambitionsGMT 18:35 2017 Monday ,25 December
Mutko suspends Russian football role to fight Olympic lifetime banGMT 10:11 2017 Monday ,25 December
Federer, Nadal shine as rivals hobble into 2018GMT 19:22 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Southampton's Austin charged with violent conductGMT 18:02 2017 Sunday ,24 December
'Tongan Bear' Uhila extends Clermont contractGMT 17:07 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Serena Williams to make competitive return in Abu Dhabi next week
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor