Media sources in Jordan's General Security Directorate have reported that five people were slightly injured and taken to the hospital after 200 Libyan revolutionaries raided the Libyan embassy in Amman. Libyans gathered in front of the embassy to demand their financial dues, medical treatment and promised lodging. Security sources in Jordan said embassy officials refused to meet the protesters, which led them to attack the embassy. The police chief of Amman’s centre tried to dissuade them from storming the embassy and attack its employees, but they did not respond to the public security and started throwing stones at the building and nearby houses and even at some vehicles around the embassy and public security officials. "The security force in the place had to use appropriate force to disperse them and prevent them from storming the embassy ??and attacking its employees and the public security, which resulted in a number of casualties who were sent to hospital...investigations are ongoing," said the embassy's media centre. Jordanian health officials said that the country's hospitals treated 45000 Libyans for injuries sustained during the civil war, which lasted eight months last year and ended with the death of former leader Muammar Gaddafi. They added that Tripoli had pledged to pay the costs, but since April, about 225 million USD was left unpaid. The security official did not mention any injuries during the protest on Sunday.
GMT 12:28 2018 Friday ,31 August
Algeria, reaffirm support to Sahrawi and Palestinian peoplesGMT 11:54 2018 Friday ,31 August
Second mine explodes in Mghilla 'Four soldiers wounded'GMT 11:30 2018 Friday ,31 August
UNSMIL condemns escalation of Violence in Great Tripoli areaGMT 11:15 2018 Friday ,31 August
Morocco, U.S Committed to Fighting Terrorism 'US Official'GMT 16:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
PPS Considers Withdrawing from Ruling Coalition amid Tension with PJDGMT 15:34 2018 Thursday ,30 August
3 Bunkers, 4 homemade bombs discovered, destroyed in SkikdaGMT 15:10 2018 Thursday ,30 August
AU's Decision to Support UN-led Process, 'Big Win" for MoroccoGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Cuba backed Polisario by providing military aid to Algeria
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor