
Burundi's presidency said Wednesday that an attempted coup by a top general had been "foiled" and that the perpetrators would be brought to justice.
"It is with regret that we have learned that a group from the armed forces mutinied this morning and declared an imaginary coup," the office of President Pierre Nkurunziza said in its first full statement since the coup attempt was launched.
"The presidency informs national and international public opinion that this coup attempt has been foiled and that these people, who read the coup announcement on the radio, are being hunted by defence and security forces so that they can be brought to justice," the statement added.
GMT 14:12 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Oscar best director nomineesGMT 14:09 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Oscar best actress nomineesGMT 14:06 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Oscar best actor nomineesGMT 13:58 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Oscar best foreign film nomineesGMT 20:03 2018 Monday ,22 January
Eurozone approves 6.7-bln-euro bailout tranche for GreeceGMT 20:00 2018 Monday ,22 January
Trump to travel to Davos as shutdown deal reached: W.HouseGMT 19:57 2018 Monday ,22 January
Democrats to vote to reopen US government: SchumerGMT 19:53 2018 Monday ,22 January
Afrin clashes kill 54 Syrian Kurd and pro-Turkey fighters: monitor
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor