
British oil giant BP has launched a hotline for people to report allegations of fraud relating to its multibillion-dollar settlement with Gulf Coast businesses and residents that suffered losses in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster. BP said in a press release Monday that the launch of the hotline comes as federal authorities clamp down on fraud and other abuses in the claims process. Federal prosecutors in Florida, Alabama and Louisiana have secured guilty pleas and convictions in recent months against numerous people who tried to claim money that they were not entitled to, BP said. BP said it so far has spent 14 billion U.S. dollars to clean the spill and help restore the environment. The oil giant said it has also paid more than 300,000 claims totaling more than 11 billion U.S. dollars to help restore the Gulf Coast economy. The Deepwater Horizon was drilling BP's Macondo oil well in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010, when it caught fire and exploded. The mishap killed 11 workers and triggered one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history.
GMT 18:36 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Scenting a recovery, oil producers ratchet up spendingGMT 20:43 2017 Monday ,25 December
Oil markets will witness balance in 2018: Iraqi Oil MinisterGMT 16:17 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Iraq invites bids for new oil pipelineGMT 14:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
Energy prices bump key US inflation index up in NovemberGMT 17:59 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Japan trade surplus drops sharply on higher oil importsGMT 17:31 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Energy costs push US consumer inflation higher as Fed meetsGMT 15:30 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Shell resumes all-cash dividend as oil price recoversGMT 13:22 2017 Sunday ,26 November
Chinese demand teaser to weigh on Vienna oil summit
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor