
Nicaragua says it will start exploring for oil in a swath of seabed in the Caribbean Sea that an international court granted it last year after a dispute with Colombia, AP reported. Energy and Mines Minister Emilio Rappaccioli said Thursday the exploratory work in an area that is home to one of the largest barrier reefs in the Americas will start this weekend. It will be done by the U.S.-based company Noble Energy. The International Court of Justice last year granted Nicaragua a large horseshoe-shaped area of the sea and seabed surrounding a group of tiny islands that the court granted to Colombia. The archipelago is home to the 100-square-mile (255-square-kilometer) old Providence reef. Environmentalists say exploratory drilling in the area will damage the environment.
GMT 18:36 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Scenting a recovery, oil producers ratchet up spendingGMT 20:43 2017 Monday ,25 December
Oil markets will witness balance in 2018: Iraqi Oil MinisterGMT 16:17 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Iraq invites bids for new oil pipelineGMT 14:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
Energy prices bump key US inflation index up in NovemberGMT 17:59 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Japan trade surplus drops sharply on higher oil importsGMT 17:31 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Energy costs push US consumer inflation higher as Fed meetsGMT 15:30 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Shell resumes all-cash dividend as oil price recoversGMT 13:22 2017 Sunday ,26 November
Chinese demand teaser to weigh on Vienna oil summit
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor