Algerian state energy firm Sonatrach has decided to postpone to November the decision on whether it will abandon or develop the project to build the Galsi natural gas pipeline planned to connect Algeria to Italy through Sardinia, the president and director general of Sonatrach Abdelhamid Zerguine has announced. Zerguine said investors including Sonatrach have so far ruled against the project which would deliver to Italy eight billion cubic metres of gas. Zerguine added that the decision to delay the project follows conflict on prices which the other partners want to impose on his group. The contrasts reportedly verge on price index mechanisms based on the listing of oil prices which is not considered viable by the Algerian side. ''We think we must not invest if such investments are not guaranteed and protected', said Zerguine. Italian utilities Eni and Edison are partners in the Galsi consortium in which Sonatrach has a 41.6 percent share.
GMT 18:36 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Scenting a recovery, oil producers ratchet up spendingGMT 20:43 2017 Monday ,25 December
Oil markets will witness balance in 2018: Iraqi Oil MinisterGMT 16:17 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Iraq invites bids for new oil pipelineGMT 14:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
Energy prices bump key US inflation index up in NovemberGMT 17:59 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Japan trade surplus drops sharply on higher oil importsGMT 17:31 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Energy costs push US consumer inflation higher as Fed meetsGMT 15:30 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Shell resumes all-cash dividend as oil price recoversGMT 13:22 2017 Sunday ,26 November
Chinese demand teaser to weigh on Vienna oil summit
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor