A Chinese oil company said it received reports of a small release of oil from the largest offshore oil field in the country. China National Offshore Oil Corp. said it was told by the Chinese subsidiary of ConocoPhillips that less than 5 barrels of oil was released at the Penglai 19-3 oilfield. CNOOC said the release occurred during an oil transfer but automatic isolation valves closed "immediately," preventing further release. The latest observation, as of Monday afternoon, indicated there was no oil sheen on the site, the company said. Two leaks from Penglai 19-3, China's biggest offshore oilfield, released hundreds of barrels of crude oil into the water last year, resulting in marine pollution and environmental damage to a marine area of 2,400 square miles. Conoco was ordered by Chinese authorities in September to stop production at the field, though it was restarted earlier this year.
GMT 18:36 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Scenting a recovery, oil producers ratchet up spendingGMT 20:43 2017 Monday ,25 December
Oil markets will witness balance in 2018: Iraqi Oil MinisterGMT 16:17 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Iraq invites bids for new oil pipelineGMT 14:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
Energy prices bump key US inflation index up in NovemberGMT 17:59 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Japan trade surplus drops sharply on higher oil importsGMT 17:31 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Energy costs push US consumer inflation higher as Fed meetsGMT 15:30 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Shell resumes all-cash dividend as oil price recoversGMT 13:22 2017 Sunday ,26 November
Chinese demand teaser to weigh on Vienna oil summit
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor