Algerian Energy Minister Yousef Yousfi has condemned attack on gas pipeline in Bouira
Algeria’s Energy Minister Yousef Yousfi has condemned the "terrorist attack" that targeted a gas pipeline in the Algerian state of Bouira, and confirmed that authorities would step up security to protect
petroleum and gas sites in the country.Speaking after an Algerian parliamentary session which included a vote on amendments to the fuel law, Yousfi said that armed groups are carrying out attacks on energy plants because they want to harm the Algerian economy.
The minister said: "I strongly condemn such criminal attacks. Algeria will not change its policy on eradicating terrorism as a result of these attacks." He confirmed that three security officials were killed in the attack and seven citizens were injured.
Yousfi revealed that security has been increased at key energy sites, with the government looking to "eradicate the terrorist threat" that could harm Algerian national interests. He added that an investigation into the attack on In Amenas gas facility earlier this month in underway.
GMT 13:01 2018 Monday ,22 January
Trump lashes out ahead of vote to end shutdownGMT 13:06 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Trump and 'Davos Man': best of enemiesGMT 11:43 2018 Friday ,19 January
Calls for action over dirty money flowingGMT 14:39 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Watchmakers hope to make Chinese market tickGMT 14:28 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Economists call for overhaul of eurozone fiscal rulesGMT 12:57 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
Trump visit set to eclipse Davos meetGMT 09:19 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
No Brexit deal would cost Scotland £12.7bn: studyGMT 12:14 2018 Monday ,15 January
As Trump clamps down, migrant workers have much to lose
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor