Hugo Chavez is making steady progress recovering from cancer surgery, said the leader of Venezuela’s parliament, who said the convalescing president is “clearly” moving ahead in his recovery. “The health of Comandante Chavez is clearly recovering,” said National Assembly President Diosdado Cabello. “He continues to make consistent but gradual progress.”Chavez has not been seen or heard from since his last cancer operation on December 11 in Havana, and any news about his health is closely monitored by the Venezuelans. Chavez is still recovering at a hospital in Cuba’s capital. The fiery Venezuelan leader was too sick to attend his own January 10 inauguration, prompting the government to delay the swearing-in indefinitely under an interpretation of the constitution that was heavily criticized by the opposition. Throughout his illness, first detected in June 2011, Chavez has refused to relinquish the powers of the presidency, even when leaving for Cuba last month.
GMT 14:29 2018 Friday ,31 August
Salvini probe dossier sent to PalermoGMT 14:22 2018 Friday ,31 August
Scholz plays down Italy-EU tensionsGMT 11:48 2018 Friday ,31 August
Situation on maritime and land borders is stableGMT 18:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Veteran UK Labour MP quits over anti-Semitism rowGMT 18:22 2018 Thursday ,30 August
France's Macron proposes EU collective defence planGMT 17:16 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
CGEM Head Calls for Better Training to Support Youth IntegrationGMT 16:32 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
HM the King Appoints New Walis and Governors at TerritorialGMT 12:35 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
All according to Munro plan as New Zealand sinks Pakistan
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor