Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has improved after a cancer operation and has started walking and exercising, the country's vice-president Nicolas Maduro has said. Maduro told state TV he had spoken on the phone to Chavez, describing the call as "the best present we could get this Christmas", the (BBC) reported Tuesday. Chavez underwent his fourth cancer operation on 11 December in Cuba but suffered a respiratory infection. The president - in power since 1999 - won another term in October's election. Earlier, Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said: "The patient has shown a slight improvement in his condition." However, no pictures of Chavez after the surgery have been released so far. Chavez, 58, is scheduled to be sworn in on 10 January. The lack of any word from Chavez for two weeks prior to the comments by the two senior officials raised serious concerns about his current condition and his ability to attend the swearing-in ceremony. Morales is expected to issue a statement later on Chavez's condition.
GMT 14:29 2018 Friday ,31 August
Salvini probe dossier sent to PalermoGMT 14:22 2018 Friday ,31 August
Scholz plays down Italy-EU tensionsGMT 11:48 2018 Friday ,31 August
Situation on maritime and land borders is stableGMT 18:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Veteran UK Labour MP quits over anti-Semitism rowGMT 18:22 2018 Thursday ,30 August
France's Macron proposes EU collective defence planGMT 17:16 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
CGEM Head Calls for Better Training to Support Youth IntegrationGMT 16:32 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
HM the King Appoints New Walis and Governors at TerritorialGMT 12:35 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
All according to Munro plan as New Zealand sinks Pakistan
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor