Insurgents have killed 14 paramilitary soldiers in Pakistan's southwestern Balochistan province in attack on their check post, official sources said Wednesday. The Frontier Corps (FC) sources told correspondents in Quetta, the provincial capital, that 15 other soldiers were injured on the Tuesday's night attack in Sibi district. They said when the soldiers did not return to their barrack from a check post in Marawar area, some 40 kilometers from Quetta, in the evening, other soldiers went to the post. They found bodies and the injured lying in the check post, the FC sources said. No group claimed responsibility. The government blames suspected Baloch insurgents for attacks on security forces and government's installations. Baloch, insurgents, fighting for more rights, are active in the area. Sources said that a helicopter was sent to the area after the information was passed on to the authorities in Quetta last night. Bodies and the injured were airlifted to Quetta. Forces were sent to the area for a search operation in the region but no one has been arrested so far. Sources said that the attackers burnt the "Khushdil Post". Insurgents have stepped up attacks on security forces in Balochistan in recent weeks. At least 14 FC men, including 2 junior commissioned officers, were killed and 9 others received bullet injuries in an armed attack by Baloch militants close to the Iranian border in Turbat district last month.
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor