
Indian diplomat Vipul has taken charge as the new Consul General of India in Dubai.
A 1998 batch Indian Foreign Service officer who uses only his first name, Vipul announced that he had assumed office through the official Twitter account of the Indian Consulate in Dubai on Sunday.
In the tweet, he said he looked forward to contribute to India-UAE relations and the welfare of the Indian community.
Before joining the Consulate in Dubai, Vipul worked as a joint secretary at the office of India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj for the past three years. He had earlier served at India’s diplomatic missions in Cairo, Colombo and Geneva.
In his diplomatic career, he has worked in diverse departments including political and commercial relations, development, disarmament, international security and media, the Indian Consulate’s website said
Vipul did his graduation in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. He also holds an MBA from Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. He is married to Kirti and they have a four-year-old daughter, said the website.
He has a good command over the Arabic language, according to a report.
Vipul succeeds Anurag Bhushan, who returned to New Delhi to take up assignment at the headquarters. The 1995 batch Indian Foreign Service officer had taken charge in Dubai in 2013
source : gulfnews
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor