
Pakistan on Monday summoned an Indian envoy over a recent cross-border firing that killed one civilian, the Foreign Ministry said.
The Director General on the South Asian desk at the Foreign Ministry Mohammad Faisal summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner J.P. Singh and condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violation by the Indian forces along the Line of Control(LoC) in Kashmir on April 1, a statement said.
The statement said an 18-year old civilian Muhammad Attique Qureshi was killed in the firing at Chirikot sector.
"The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed condemnable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights and humanitarian laws," it said.
The Director General urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations, instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC.
The latest incident happened as escalation along the LoC, which divides the two neighbors in the disputed Kashmir, has been seen since a militant attack on an army center in the Indian-controlled Kashmir on Sept. 18 last year killed 19 soldiers.
The Indian military blamed the Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad group for the attack and also pointed fingers at Pakistan.
Islamabad rejected the charges and suggested an independent investigation.
source: Xinhua
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor