
Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said Wednesday that the deadly blast at a vehicle depot belonging to the security forces in Diyarbakir in southeastern Turkey on Tuesday was a terror attack.
He said that a tunnel had been dug from outside the facility and explosives planted in a very short time despite regular Interior Ministry checks and patrols around the maintenance building, Turkey's Anadolu agency (AA) reported.
Two civilian staff members and one police official were killed in the explosion in Diyarbakir’s Baglar district which took place while an armored vehicle was undergoing repairs, according to the Turkish authorities.
Turkey is going through a state of alert while awaiting for its citizens to cast their ballots on Sunday in a referendum on constitutional amendments that includes the transition from the parliamentary system to the presidential system.
Source: QNA
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor