The 65-year-old has confirmed that no bids have been tabled for the Welsh winger despite rumoured interest from Spanish giants Barcelona.Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has stated that Gareth Bale is happy at the club and that no bids have been received for the talented winger. Speculation is mounting that current European champions Barcelona are readying a summer bid for the Spurs star following his blistering form over the past two seasons.And it has been widely reported that, if the north London club fail to achieve Champions League qualification, something which is currently in the balance given their poor form, then the Welshman could leave.However, when quizzed on the matter, Redknapp told reporters: "No one has been in touch with us."He is happy here with us at the moment. He is a fantastic player. He will be linked with every club because he is such a great player."Last year Barcelona’s players were criticised for publicly stating their desire to see then Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas return to the Camp Nou.Barca full-back Dani Alves has recently spoken in similar terms of Bale, revealing he would welcome the arrival of the Tottenham star.When asked whether this could be seen as tapping the player up, the 65-year-old simply replied: "I haven't seen what he said."I would like Lionel Messi. I will have a chat with the chairman about Lionel. I will see if he fancies coming to Tottenham!"
GMT 18:45 2018 Wednesday ,10 January
Chinese FA warns clubs over Aubameyang 'bidding war'GMT 19:28 2018 Tuesday ,09 January
Neymar, PSG run riot in French CupGMT 15:08 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Bayern's Heynckes rules out Vidal Chelsea moveGMT 14:59 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Napoli cement top spot as Lazio's Immobile hits fourGMT 16:04 2018 Tuesday ,02 January
Schedulers are against us, Arsenal manager Wenger complainsGMT 15:54 2018 Tuesday ,02 January
Manchester United lift Mourinho, Liverpool leave it lateGMT 19:04 2017 Sunday ,31 December
Lukaku adds to Mourinho's woes as United lose groundGMT 18:58 2017 Sunday ,31 December
Inter, Roma held as Benevento finally win
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor