Lance Armstrong plans to argue that the civil fraud suit filed against him is too old to go forward, a person close to his defense team has told USA Today. The newspaper said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told USA Today that Armstrong's lawyers plan to argue the suit is past the six-year statute of limitations and also that the main issue is not whether Armstrong cheated. The main issue, the defense team will argue, is whether Armstrong defrauded the U.S. government. "We will say there was enough information (about doping on the USPS cycling team) to put you (the government) on notice, and you should have filed a false claim before," the Armstrong defense source said. Armstrong confessed to doping last month after denying it for more than a decade. The U.S. Justice Department announced Friday that it has joined the civil fraud case against Armstrong for doping under the False Claims Act. From: UPI
GMT 17:21 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 17:18 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 15:43 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Hackers already targeting Pyeongchang OlympicsGMT 15:38 2018 Sunday ,07 January
India's Pandya defies South African bowlersGMT 18:23 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Russian doping whistleblower free to pass evidence to FIFAGMT 12:08 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Pep Guardiola fears Man City stars in danger over fixture pile-upGMT 22:26 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
Mohamed Salah favorite to complete awards hat-trickGMT 16:12 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Russian-Syrian basketball festival held at Damascus
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor