Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has no doubt the club are destined for more titles. City's second UEFA Champions League campaign began with a dramatic last-gasp 3-2 defeat to Real Madrid at the Bernabeu Stadium last night. Aguero, who was linked with the Spanish champions last season, watched a pulsating encounter unfold from the bench as an unused substitute and is convinced City will bounce back. The former Atletico Madrid player tweeted after the game: "I feel comfortable and appreciated at Manchester City, it's a project I feel involved in. We want more titles and we'll get them!" And to underline his commitment to the club after returning to a city where he is always the subject of press interest, he added: "Just to make it clear - I'm very happy to be at Manchester City. It's the best decision I could have taken." Aguero, 24, scored 30 goals for City last season after joining the Premier League champions in a £38m club record deal. He is yet to make an impression this season having suffered a knee injury in the opening Premier League fixture against Southampton last month. He had hoped to make his return in the Spanish capital but events prevented manager Roberto Mancini bringing him on. Mancini said: "I had two players injured, (Samir) Nasri and Maicon. I wanted to play Aguero in the last 20 minutes." City were beaten in a remarkable finish as Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo struck for Real Madrid in the last three minutes. Aleksandar Kolarov had looked to have snatched an unlikely win when his free-kick bounced through the area to find the net six minutes from time. Edin Dzeko and Marcelo had earlier traded goals after the hosts had dominated the first hour. The result leaves City playing catch-up in a tough-looking Group D that also includes Borussia Dortmund - also winners on the opening night - and Ajax. Mancini said: "I think other teams will lose here. Now we have five games and it is important we beat Dortmund next game at home. We know it will be difficult playing against a top team but this year we want to go through." From : Fifa
GMT 18:30 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
FIFA trial: New York jury acquits former Peru soccer bossGMT 13:18 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Early drama as Sydney to Hobart fleet race to break recordGMT 20:25 2017 Monday ,25 December
Klopp urges Liverpool to focus on Euro ambitionsGMT 18:35 2017 Monday ,25 December
Mutko suspends Russian football role to fight Olympic lifetime banGMT 10:11 2017 Monday ,25 December
Federer, Nadal shine as rivals hobble into 2018GMT 19:22 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Southampton's Austin charged with violent conductGMT 18:02 2017 Sunday ,24 December
'Tongan Bear' Uhila extends Clermont contractGMT 17:07 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Serena Williams to make competitive return in Abu Dhabi next week
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor