
Maltese Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said on Sunday that the archipelago would keep progressing irrespective of the Brexit vote decision, which is set for June 23.
Speaking during a Labour Party activity in Malta, Muscat said the government had already set out a course of action for Britain leaving the European Union (EU).
"We will not stand still, this country will continue moving forward," he said, adding that next week the Cabinet would meet to discuss the way forward.
The prime minister added that Malta would in no way interfere with Britain's decision process.
The international ratings agency Fitch Ratings predicted last month that Malta was among the countries which would most suffer the consequences of a British exit from the EU. It elaborated that the most exposed countries would be Ireland, Malta, Belgium, the Netherlands, Cyprus and Luxembourg, all of whose exports of goods and services to Britain are at least eight percent of gross domestic product.
source : xinhua
GMT 15:13 2018 Saturday ,20 January
US 'erred' in supporting WTO membership for China, RussiaGMT 17:22 2018 Thursday ,18 January
US industrial output in 2017 posts biggest gain since 2010GMT 17:12 2018 Thursday ,18 January
No more bonuses for Carillion bosses after UK collapseGMT 17:20 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
EU to remove Panama, South Korea from tax haven blacklistGMT 17:16 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
Citigroup reports steep Q4 losses tied to US tax reformGMT 17:11 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
Pressure rises on British govt over Carillion collapseGMT 17:52 2018 Monday ,15 January
Iran jetliner deal could take longer to complete, Airbus saysGMT 17:44 2018 Monday ,15 January
EU to remove Panama, Korea, UAE, 5 others from tax haven blacklist
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor