South Korea’s vice defense minister Lee Yong-gul departed for Beijing Monday for talks with a top Chinese military official expected to focus mainly on expanding military logistics cooperation for disaster relief between the two nations, officials said. The ministry said in a release that during his four-day trip, Lee Yong-gul will meet Gen. Ma Xiaotian, deputy chief of general staff of the Chinese army, to talk about security issues on the Korean Peninsula and in Northeast Asia, according to the South Korean (Yonhap) News Agency. The two sides are expected to talk about signing a memorandum of understanding on boosting cooperation on mutual logistical support in case of a large-scale disaster, ministry officials said. Working-level officials of the two sides previously discussed the issue in a military meeting in October. “The two sides will discuss the memorandum of understanding of the mutual military logistics agreement for disaster relief efforts and make a regular study group to expand personnel exchanges,” a ministry official said, noting more details will be disclosed after Tuesday meeting. The meeting is the second of its kind after military chiefs of the two nations held an inaugural strategic defense talk in July of last year. During the Seoul meeting, South Korea and China agreed to strengthen cooperation in rescue efforts for disaster-hit areas and resume exchanges in military training between them.
GMT 17:19 2018 Thursday ,11 January
China factory gate inflation slows to 13-month lowGMT 17:50 2018 Wednesday ,10 January
German industrial output rebounds in NovemberGMT 17:39 2018 Wednesday ,10 January
Samsung tips record Q4 operating profit of more than $14 bnGMT 17:29 2018 Tuesday ,09 January
German industrial orders dip in NovemberGMT 15:36 2018 Thursday ,04 January
China factory activity accelerated in December: CaixinGMT 13:33 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
Turkey inflation rate eases but still stubbornly high in DecemberGMT 16:27 2018 Monday ,01 January
China manufacturing activity slows in DecemberGMT 17:36 2017 Sunday ,31 December
Spain to leave EU's deficit 'sin bin' next year: Rajoy
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor