
An official from the Baghdad Operations Command has said that Iraqi security officers are trying to clamp down on the number of cars being stolen in the capital, amid fears that extremists are using them to carry out bomb attacks. Brigadier Saad Maan issued a statement in which he denied the validity of recent media reports that more than 20,000 cars were stolen in Baghdad in the last 12 months. The Iraqi official argued that the figures were being used as a ploy to strike fear in citizens and security forces. Maan said that authorities had been able to foil several car bomb plots in the capital, significantly limiting the number of attacks.
GMT 15:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
VW sacks executive jailed over 'dieselgate': reportGMT 12:54 2017 Friday ,22 December
Baidu accuses former exec of stealing self-driving car technologyGMT 17:41 2017 Wednesday ,06 December
UK car sales extend slump: industry bodyGMT 14:49 2017 Sunday ,19 November
US rejects Ford petition to delay recall of 3m vehiclesGMT 19:06 2017 Wednesday ,08 November
BMW revs research spending higher, profits fishtailGMT 10:33 2017 Tuesday ,24 October
Singapore to freeze number of cars on its roadsGMT 13:26 2017 Tuesday ,17 October
Tesla sacks hundreds of workers on Model 3 stall: sourceGMT 21:18 2017 Saturday ,07 October
Tesla delays big rig truck debut; Model 3 in ‘production hell’
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor