
Luxury car maker BMW is recalling half a million cars worldwide because a battery cable connector can fail and cause the engines to stall. The recall affects popular 3-Series sedans, wagons, convertibles and coupes from the 2007 through 2011 model years. Also included are 1-Series coupes and convertibles from 2008 through 2012, and the Z4 sports car from 2009 through 2011. The cable connectors and a fuse box terminal in the cars can degrade over time, and that can break the electrical connection between the trunk-mounted battery and the fuse box at the front. If that happens, the cars could lose electrical power, causing the engines to stall unexpectedly, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in documents posted on its website Saturday. The company says in documents sent to NHTSA that the problem stems from movement between the battery cable and the fuse box. BMW says it knows of one minor collision in Canada due to the problem, but no injuries. The German automaker says dealers will replace the battery cable connector and secure it for free. It will start notifying owners in March. The 3-Series is BMW's most popular car in the US, dominating the small luxury car market. The company sold nearly 100,000 of them in the US last year. The recall affects more than 504,000 cars in the US and another 65,000 in Canada. BMW, Toyota and other automakers have experienced large recalls in recent years because they use common parts on multiple models in order to save money. 3 News
GMT 15:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
VW sacks executive jailed over 'dieselgate': reportGMT 12:54 2017 Friday ,22 December
Baidu accuses former exec of stealing self-driving car technologyGMT 17:41 2017 Wednesday ,06 December
UK car sales extend slump: industry bodyGMT 14:49 2017 Sunday ,19 November
US rejects Ford petition to delay recall of 3m vehiclesGMT 19:06 2017 Wednesday ,08 November
BMW revs research spending higher, profits fishtailGMT 10:33 2017 Tuesday ,24 October
Singapore to freeze number of cars on its roadsGMT 13:26 2017 Tuesday ,17 October
Tesla sacks hundreds of workers on Model 3 stall: sourceGMT 21:18 2017 Saturday ,07 October
Tesla delays big rig truck debut; Model 3 in ‘production hell’
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor