
US automaker General Motors said Monday it had reopened its office and factory in Egypt after shutting both down last week as violence swept the country leaving hundreds dead. A GM spokesperson said workers returned on Monday to its Cairo office and the plant in 6th of October City, a Cairo suburb. "The safety and security of our employees remains important to us. We will continue to monitor the situation closely," the spokesperson said. On Thursday, the company shuttered its office and plant after security forces launched an assault on protestors that left hundreds of dead. The bloodshed continued Monday as militants killed 25 policeman in an attack on the Sinai peninsula, hours after 37 members of the embattled Muslim Brotherhood died while in police custody. GM produces light trucks, cars and minibuses in Egypt and employs more than 1,400 Egyptians, the company said.
GMT 15:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
VW sacks executive jailed over 'dieselgate': reportGMT 12:54 2017 Friday ,22 December
Baidu accuses former exec of stealing self-driving car technologyGMT 17:41 2017 Wednesday ,06 December
UK car sales extend slump: industry bodyGMT 14:49 2017 Sunday ,19 November
US rejects Ford petition to delay recall of 3m vehiclesGMT 19:06 2017 Wednesday ,08 November
BMW revs research spending higher, profits fishtailGMT 10:33 2017 Tuesday ,24 October
Singapore to freeze number of cars on its roadsGMT 13:26 2017 Tuesday ,17 October
Tesla sacks hundreds of workers on Model 3 stall: sourceGMT 21:18 2017 Saturday ,07 October
Tesla delays big rig truck debut; Model 3 in ‘production hell’
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor