
The 2012 US Grand Prix is included in the 2012 Formula 1 calendar. No, the track has not been built.After weeks of uncertainty, the Circuits of the Americas (COTA) announced the resumption of track construction following the inclusion of the Austin US Grand Prix race on the 2012 Formula 1 calendar.The calendar was approved at the FIA congress, held this week in New Delhi, India.The race was in doubt for the last few weeks after the promoters failed to pay the $25m sanctioning fee to the FOM.Last week, Bernie Ecclestone, the FOM's CEO, extended the deadline for the payment to Dec. 7th. "Mr. Ecclestone received his check" said founding partner of the COTA, Red McCombs."Our investors have believed all along that this project has tremendous benefit for our region, and provides a strong economic engine for the future," said Epstein, another founding partner of Circuit of the Americas. It is still not fully known how the negotiations between Full Throttle Productions, owned by Tavo Hellmund, and COTA have been concluded but it is assumed that Hellmund's company is not involved in the event anymore.The circuit owners are entering a new race against time to complete the construction in time for the race that is set to take place in November 2012. The FIA will inspect the circuit and its facilities a few weeks before the race.But as with everything political in Formula 1 and Bernie Ecclestone, this is not the last time you read a piece of news on the race before next November, as the saga of the 2012 American Grand Prix is far from over.
GMT 15:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
VW sacks executive jailed over 'dieselgate': reportGMT 12:54 2017 Friday ,22 December
Baidu accuses former exec of stealing self-driving car technologyGMT 17:41 2017 Wednesday ,06 December
UK car sales extend slump: industry bodyGMT 14:49 2017 Sunday ,19 November
US rejects Ford petition to delay recall of 3m vehiclesGMT 19:06 2017 Wednesday ,08 November
BMW revs research spending higher, profits fishtailGMT 10:33 2017 Tuesday ,24 October
Singapore to freeze number of cars on its roadsGMT 13:26 2017 Tuesday ,17 October
Tesla sacks hundreds of workers on Model 3 stall: sourceGMT 21:18 2017 Saturday ,07 October
Tesla delays big rig truck debut; Model 3 in ‘production hell’
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor