
Three senior managers at a Russian aerospace company have been dismissed over a Proton-M launch failure last month, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said. The rocket built by the Khrunichev space company, with three GPS satellites aboard, topped over and crashed to the ground in flames shortly after launch July 2. The rocket and satellites were worth around $135 million. An investigation by Russia's Roscosmos space agency determined the crash occurred because angular velocity sensors were installed upside down in the Proton rocket, causing it to veer off course. Rogozin said Friday the deputy general director of quality control and management at Khrunichev, Alexander Kobzar, the head of final assembly, Valery Grekov, and the chief of the technical control department, Mikhail Lebedev, had been dismissed for "inappropriate fulfillment of duties during the production and preparation of the Proton-M." A special state commission will present a final report on the Proton-M crash "in about a month, sometime after September 20," he added.
GMT 12:31 2017 Sunday ,24 December
SpaceX launches 10 more satellites for IridiumGMT 18:48 2017 Tuesday ,12 December
Bitcoin makes muted stock exchange debut at $15,000GMT 18:19 2017 Saturday ,09 December
France to allow trading of securities via blockchainGMT 07:39 2017 Thursday ,16 November
Cygnus cargo ship arrives at space stationGMT 17:49 2017 Sunday ,12 November
Aircraft overhead forces Orbital to cancel cargo launchGMT 19:18 2017 Wednesday ,01 November
Sony revives robot pet dogGMT 10:31 2017 Saturday ,28 October
Saudi Arabia Becomes First Country to Grant Citizenship to RobotGMT 17:46 2017 Saturday ,21 October
Spacewalkers fix robotic arm in time to grab next cargo ship
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor