A 2010 pipeline rupture that dumped nearly a million gallons of oil into a Michigan waterway was blamed on operator negligence at a government hearing Tuesday. At the opening session of a hearing on the spill, National Transportation Safety Board head Deborah A.P. Hersman said Enbridge Energy Partners of Houston and operators of the pipeline detected the defect that led to the 2005 accident and failed to fix it, the Detroit Free press reported Tuesday. In July 2010 a 30-inch pipeline broke and more than 800,000 gallons of oil, and possibly as much as a million gallons, spilled into Talmadge Creek near Marshall. Last week federal regulators proposed a $3.7 million penalty against Enbridge, the newspaper said. "Pipeline operators are required to have an integrity management program, which continually addresses the safety risk on their pipelines. In 2005 Enbridge detected the very defect that led to this failure. Yet for five years they did nothing to address the corrosion or cracking at the rupture site," Hersman said.
GMT 18:36 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Scenting a recovery, oil producers ratchet up spendingGMT 20:43 2017 Monday ,25 December
Oil markets will witness balance in 2018: Iraqi Oil MinisterGMT 16:17 2017 Sunday ,24 December
Iraq invites bids for new oil pipelineGMT 14:26 2017 Friday ,22 December
Energy prices bump key US inflation index up in NovemberGMT 17:59 2017 Tuesday ,19 December
Japan trade surplus drops sharply on higher oil importsGMT 17:31 2017 Thursday ,14 December
Energy costs push US consumer inflation higher as Fed meetsGMT 15:30 2017 Wednesday ,29 November
Shell resumes all-cash dividend as oil price recoversGMT 13:22 2017 Sunday ,26 November
Chinese demand teaser to weigh on Vienna oil summit
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor