A parish priest of Saydet el Maaonat (Lady of Aid Church), in Baalbek, father Walid Gharios, was released Monday night, several hours after his abduction at the crossroads of Ansar town, at the road leading to Baalbek. He was handed over to a member of Hezbollah's Shura Sheikh Mohammed Yazbek. Security reports have indicated that the kidnapping took place Monday afternoon by unknown assailants riding a Grand Cherokee, who intercepted Father Gharios’ car and kidnapped him, dropping him off at an unknown destination and leaving his car behind. As soon as the news was circulated, investigations were launched to find out the identity of the kidnappers before the circumstances of the incident were clarrified, and the the identity of the kidnapped father was known. Security forces worked on hunting down the kidnappers after the discovery of certain clues. Preliminary information showed that the cause of the abduction, was due to the fact that Father Gharios had earlier baptised a Muslim girl after she left her parents' house. The pastor of a Maronite monastery in Baalbek, Bishop Semaan Atallah, asserted in a statement, that the kidnapping was due to the father's lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of the girl. Bishop Atallah said that the girl was exposed to physical and psychological torture by her father because she embraced Christianity three years ago, though she was a 24-year-old adult at the time. The Bishop added: "I ??have heard uncertain news that in recent days her father tried to force her to marry as a method of pressure, but she ran away to an unknown destination." Revealing all data associated with the foregoing abduction, he said: "last Wednesday, a fire broke out in al-Khoury’s house in Nbha town, by an unknown source. This was reiterated on Sunday, where before municipal elections could start, a church in Nbha was attacked by unknown assailants. We had extensive contact with the concerned authorities in the region to settle the situation".
GMT 12:28 2018 Friday ,31 August
Algeria, reaffirm support to Sahrawi and Palestinian peoplesGMT 11:54 2018 Friday ,31 August
Second mine explodes in Mghilla 'Four soldiers wounded'GMT 11:30 2018 Friday ,31 August
UNSMIL condemns escalation of Violence in Great Tripoli areaGMT 11:15 2018 Friday ,31 August
Morocco, U.S Committed to Fighting Terrorism 'US Official'GMT 16:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
PPS Considers Withdrawing from Ruling Coalition amid Tension with PJDGMT 15:34 2018 Thursday ,30 August
3 Bunkers, 4 homemade bombs discovered, destroyed in SkikdaGMT 15:10 2018 Thursday ,30 August
AU's Decision to Support UN-led Process, 'Big Win" for MoroccoGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Cuba backed Polisario by providing military aid to Algeria
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor