
One person was killed and five wounded on Sunday when a car blew up in a cemetery in Libya's increasingly volatile second city Benghazi, security and medical sources said. The explosion, after the funeral of a police officer killed in a similar blast, killed one of the car's passengers, security spokesman Ibrahim al-Sharaa said. Five other people were wounded and taken to a nearby hospital, a spokesman for the hospital said. Libya has seen growing lawlessness since the 2011 uprising in which rebels toppled and killed long-ruling dictator Moamer Kadhafi. In Benghazi, the cradle of the revolt, militants have targeted security forces and foreign missions, including in a September 11, 2012 assault on the US consulate that killed the ambassador and three other Americans. On Thursday, a young American teacher was gunned down in the Benghazi during his morning jog. Sunday's funeral was for police colonel Kamel Baraza, who died earlier in the day of injuries sustained Saturday when a bomb placed under his car exploded. Source: AFP
GMT 12:28 2018 Friday ,31 August
Algeria, reaffirm support to Sahrawi and Palestinian peoplesGMT 11:54 2018 Friday ,31 August
Second mine explodes in Mghilla 'Four soldiers wounded'GMT 11:30 2018 Friday ,31 August
UNSMIL condemns escalation of Violence in Great Tripoli areaGMT 11:15 2018 Friday ,31 August
Morocco, U.S Committed to Fighting Terrorism 'US Official'GMT 16:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
PPS Considers Withdrawing from Ruling Coalition amid Tension with PJDGMT 15:34 2018 Thursday ,30 August
3 Bunkers, 4 homemade bombs discovered, destroyed in SkikdaGMT 15:10 2018 Thursday ,30 August
AU's Decision to Support UN-led Process, 'Big Win" for MoroccoGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Cuba backed Polisario by providing military aid to Algeria
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor