
The trial of Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has been postponed after explosives were found on his route to court in Islamabad, BBC reported. The special court hearing on treason charges against the former president will now take place on 1 January. On Monday, his petition that only a military court could examine his actions was rejected. The charges relate to his decision in 2007 to suspend the constitution and impose emergency rule. Musharraf, who is on bail in several other cases, says all the accusations against him are politically motivated. The 70-year-old also faces separate charges of murder and restricting the judiciary. He is the first Pakistani former military ruler to face trial for treason. Musharraf's lawyer, Anwar Mansoor, told the court on Tuesday that the trial could not go ahead because of a heightened security threat. Police said 5kg of explosives had been found along the route to the National Library, where the hearing is taking place. Source:MENA
GMT 12:28 2018 Friday ,31 August
Algeria, reaffirm support to Sahrawi and Palestinian peoplesGMT 11:54 2018 Friday ,31 August
Second mine explodes in Mghilla 'Four soldiers wounded'GMT 11:30 2018 Friday ,31 August
UNSMIL condemns escalation of Violence in Great Tripoli areaGMT 11:15 2018 Friday ,31 August
Morocco, U.S Committed to Fighting Terrorism 'US Official'GMT 16:27 2018 Thursday ,30 August
PPS Considers Withdrawing from Ruling Coalition amid Tension with PJDGMT 15:34 2018 Thursday ,30 August
3 Bunkers, 4 homemade bombs discovered, destroyed in SkikdaGMT 15:10 2018 Thursday ,30 August
AU's Decision to Support UN-led Process, 'Big Win" for MoroccoGMT 12:47 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Cuba backed Polisario by providing military aid to Algeria
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor