About 32 Egyptians who have been detained in abu salim prison in tripoli, Libya were released and on their way home later this evening, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry announced here on Monday. The release , took place ten days back, was the fruit of high-profile contacts Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamal Amr conducted with the Libyan officials before and after the collapse of Col.Gaddafi’s regime, said the Foreign Ministry Official Spokesman Amr Rushdi. Rushdi further said that it was impossible to return home the released Egyptians in view of the deteriorating security conditions across Libya and the continuing closure of Libya’s airports and ports, the matter which made the Egyptian Consulate hosts them until their return home safely. Another group of 32 was also released earlier in August from the same prison and returned home via Tunisia at the expense of the egyptian foreign ministry. Meanwhile Ambassador Asharaf She’ah, Egypt’s Consul General in Benghazi has succeeded to get an official letter from the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC) witnessing the seizure of the Egyptian citizens in Libya between the months of March and August and that they will get their rights for any future compensations after the situation in Libya comes back to normal and be more stable, Rushdi said . Rushdi further said that a group of six other Egyptians who were detained in the same prison and later set free, have preferred to stay in Libya to care for their private business there.
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor