Afghan police, backed by the army and NATO-led troops, have eliminated 11 anti-government militants and captured 16 others, the Interior Ministry of Afghanistan said in a press release issued here on Sunday. "Afghan National Police with the assistance of the Afghan army and Coalition forces have killed 11 armed insurgents and captured 16 others during four joint operations across the country over the past 24 hours," the press release said. These operations had been carried out in Kandahar, Helmand, Ghazni and Kabul provinces during which a large number of light and heavy weapons had also been sized, according to the release. Taliban militants fighting Afghan and NATO-led troops have yet to make comment. Separately, four civilians were killed on Saturday when a roadside bomb struck their car in Khanshin district of Helmand province with Lashkar Gah as its capital 555 km south of capital Kabul, spokesman for provincial government told Xinhua on Sunday. "The blast occurred on Saturday morning in Wazir Abad village of Khanshin as a result two women, two men were killed and three others injured," Daud Ahmadi told Xinhua. A total of 1,462 Afghan civilians were killed in the first half of 2011, a 15 percent rise over the same period of 2010, according to the United Nations mid-year report released in Kabul on July 14.
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor