
Striker Mario Balotelli has been ruled out of Italy's Confederations Cup semi-final against Spain on Thursday with a thigh injury. The 22-year-old AC Milan striker, who has two goals to his name at the tournament of continental champions in Brazil, had been expected to lead Italy's attack against Spain in Fortaleza. "The examinations carried out this afternoon (Sunday) in Fortaleza on Mario Balotelli showed a grade-one tear in the quadriceps muscle of the left leg," the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) said in a statement. "The player will not be available for the semi-final against Spain on Thursday, June 27 and in the coming days his condition will be evaluated for the match on the 30th (either the final or third-place play-off)." Earlier, the FIGC had confirmed right-back Ignazio Abate's withdrawal from the tournament due to a dislocated shoulder and said midfielder Riccardo Montolivo was due to undergo tests on a head injury. Abate hurt his shoulder during Italy's 4-2 loss to Brazil on Saturday and team doctor Enrico Castellacci said he would return to Italy immediately "given the impossibility of him continuing in the competition". Castellacci said that an initial brain scan on Montolivo had revealed nothing, after the Milan midfielder was also forced off during the Brazil game. "The boy is doing better and his condition will also be medically evaluated," Castellacci said. Manager Cesare Prandelli said he hoped to have Andrea Pirlo fit for the semi-final after the Juventus midfielder sat out the Brazil game with a calf complaint. From: AFP
GMT 17:21 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 17:18 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 15:43 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Hackers already targeting Pyeongchang OlympicsGMT 15:38 2018 Sunday ,07 January
India's Pandya defies South African bowlersGMT 18:23 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Russian doping whistleblower free to pass evidence to FIFAGMT 12:08 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Pep Guardiola fears Man City stars in danger over fixture pile-upGMT 22:26 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
Mohamed Salah favorite to complete awards hat-trickGMT 16:12 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Russian-Syrian basketball festival held at Damascus
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor