Cheng Ji, the first Chinese rider to participate in the Giro d'Italia, has pulled out of the race after falling ill with a fever during the night, his Argos team announced on Thursday Ji, 25, did not start the 169 km sixth stage from Mola di Bari to Margherita di Savoia in southern Italy. "When a rider has a fever, it is dangerous to let him start, even if he might be better tomorrow. He did not eat this morning and felt very weak," said Argos's team doctor Edwin Achterberg. "We don't want to take any risks. His health comes first." Argos on Wednesday won stage five thanks to team sprinter John Degenkolb. Ji, who became the first Chinese rider to complete the three-week Tour of Spain last year, said: "I felt really good during the first few days, and especially after John Degenkolb's win yesterday. "I just got sick during the night, and it is really hard to leave this beautiful race already. "It was my goal to support John to a stage win and to finish this race. So I am very disappointed that I can't reach the second part of my goal." From: AFP
GMT 17:21 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 17:18 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 15:43 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Hackers already targeting Pyeongchang OlympicsGMT 15:38 2018 Sunday ,07 January
India's Pandya defies South African bowlersGMT 18:23 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Russian doping whistleblower free to pass evidence to FIFAGMT 12:08 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Pep Guardiola fears Man City stars in danger over fixture pile-upGMT 22:26 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
Mohamed Salah favorite to complete awards hat-trickGMT 16:12 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Russian-Syrian basketball festival held at Damascus
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor