Australia's Scott Johnson will vacate his position as Scotland interim head coach to take up a new post as the Scottish Rugby Union's director of rugby, it was announced Friday. Johnson, who guided Scotland to a creditable third place in this season's Six Nations, "will remain as as head coach of the national team until that position is filled and will continue to have involvement with the Scotland team through until the 2015 Rugby World Cup and beyond," the Scottish union said in a statement. Many within the Scottish game had wanted Johnson to continue as coach of the national side but he had hinted previously at a broader role, particularly one involving the preparation of coaches and that was reflected in his comments on Friday. "I've really enjoyed working with the players throughout the past year and I'm looking forward to that continuing with our quadrangular tournament in South Africa next month," Johnson said. "The director of rugby job excites me. It's about making a really positive contribution that will stand Scottish Rugby in good stead for years to come and I am looking forward to the challenge of the new role as well as continuing with the Scotland team. "There are some big areas such as coach development, player development, sevens and player acquisition, where, working with colleagues throughout Scottish Rugby, I want to do my bit to ensure we make best use of the talents we have to take the game in this country forward." Johnson joined the Scotland coaching staff ahead of last year's successful tour of Australasia but took charge on an interim basis after Andy Robinson resigned following Scotland's defeat by Tonga in November. From: AFP
GMT 17:21 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 17:18 2018 Monday ,08 January
Play abandoned in South Africa v India TestGMT 15:43 2018 Sunday ,07 January
Hackers already targeting Pyeongchang OlympicsGMT 15:38 2018 Sunday ,07 January
India's Pandya defies South African bowlersGMT 18:23 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Russian doping whistleblower free to pass evidence to FIFAGMT 12:08 2018 Thursday ,04 January
Pep Guardiola fears Man City stars in danger over fixture pile-upGMT 22:26 2018 Wednesday ,03 January
Mohamed Salah favorite to complete awards hat-trickGMT 16:12 2017 Tuesday ,26 December
Russian-Syrian basketball festival held at Damascus
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor