Billionaire presidential candidate Mikhail Prokhorov has set himself the task of becoming the major figure and choice for those Russians who do not want to vote for Prime Minister Vladimir Putin during the elections on March 4. Prokhorov previously criticized Putin’s United Russia party, but never matched himself against its leader and declared that he would not build his campaign on that basis. Mikhail Prokhorov expects to gain from 15 to 20 percent of the vote in the election and to go into a runoff against Vladimir Putin. “I think this is a realistic figure from 15 to 20 percent in the first round. The main thing is to get in the second round with him [Putin]. Now everything depends on us,” Prokhorov said during a meeting with businessmen in Novosibirsk in Siberia. “My task in this election is to become the main Anti-Putin,” Prokhorov wrote on his Twitter page. Prokhorov said that it is quite likely that there will be a runoff after the March 4 election. The billionaire said does not believe the polls that predict everything will be decided in the first round. Prokhorov believes that the main task is to make the March elections fair. According to him, fair elections can be ensured if all polling stations are manned with observers. “We need to gather volunteers for this,” he said. The billionaire is one of five presidential campaign hopefuls and the only independent candidate. The four other registered candidates are current Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, moderate social democratic leader Sergei Mironov, populist firebrand Vladimir Zhirinovsky and communist leader Gennady Zyuganov.
GMT 16:26 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Cuba Start 'Unprecedented and Historic Era' in their RelationsGMT 16:13 2018 Wednesday ,29 August
Morocco, Dominican Republic Discuss Means to Promote CooperationGMT 18:51 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Tensions mount in Rohingya camps ahead of planned relocation to MyanmarGMT 18:47 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Macron shares African outrage on Trump’s vulgar languageGMT 18:41 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Jordan urges Pence to rebuild trust after Jerusalem pivotGMT 18:37 2018 Sunday ,21 January
UN Security Council to discuss Syria on MondayGMT 18:23 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Iraqi court sentences to death German woman who joined DaeshGMT 18:19 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Turkish state media say Turkey’s ground forces have entered Syrian Kurdish enclave
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor