
Israeli security forces said Monday they had captured five alleged Hamas militants who carried out last week's killing of a Jewish settler couple in front of their young children.
The suspected attackers were arrested the day after Thursday's West Bank shooting, a joint police, army and Shin Bet statement said, adding that "the squad belonged to the Hamas movement in Nablus".
It said that an unspecified number of accomplices were also rounded up.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu congratulated the security forces on their work and said the Jewish state was using an "iron fist" to crush a rising wave of Palestinian unrest.
"We are not prepared to give immunity to anybody, not to any rioter... or any terrorist, anywhere, and therefore there are no limits on the activities of the security forces," he said in a televised address, as he prepared to convene his security cabinet in special session.
Netanyahu is under pressure from right-wingers in his government coalition after four Israelis were killed in as many days and several others wounded, among them a two-year-old child.
Monday's statement, in Hebrew, said that the suspects had confessed to shooting dead Rabbi Eitam Henkin and his wife Naam in their car as their four children sat in the back.
"The detainees were taken to the Shin Bet for questioning and confessed to involvement in the attack in which the Henkins were murdered," it said.
Source: AFP
GMT 09:59 2017 Monday ,25 December
Turkey joins Russia and Iran in supporting SyriaGMT 09:05 2017 Monday ,25 December
Russia’s Lavrov calls on US and North Korea to start talksGMT 15:16 2017 Wednesday ,01 November
Spanish Police Arrest Moroccan Citizen Allegedly Belonging to ISISGMT 10:36 2017 Wednesday ,01 November
Manhattan truck attack kills 8, note on allegiance to ISIS discoveredGMT 20:15 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
Egypt backs Bahrain's security decisionGMT 19:59 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
Arab Parliament condemns terror attack in BahrainGMT 14:48 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
10 terror suspects sentenced to life in jailGMT 16:55 2017 Sunday ,29 October
Under US pressure, Israel delays move to expand Jerusalem
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor