
A report by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs on the occupied Palestinian territories revealed that the Israeli Security Cabinet has decided to freeze 1,200 permits previously issued to Palestinian laborers from the Hebron governorate to access Israel and East Jerusalem for work, for an indefinite period of time.
Access of Palestinian workers to their places of work in Israeli settlements in the Gush Etzion area (Bethlehem) has been also banned. These measures are expected to severely impact the income level and livelihoods of affected families, the report said.
The weekly report, which covered the period from November 17 till November 23, also said Israeli forces carried out 79 search and arrest operations across the West Bank. The largest operation took place in Beit Awwa, Deir Samit and Tarusa villages (Hebron), where over 150 houses were searched and 53 people arrested; three affected families reported damage to their property or theft.
Two additional raids, which involved also Israeli settlers, took place at Al Lubban ash Sharqiya girls school and Burin boys school (both in the Nablus governorate), severely disrupting classes.
In Hebron city, Israeli forces raided a radio station, confiscated equipment and closed it down by military order for a period of six months, according to the report.
Source: MENA
GMT 09:59 2017 Monday ,25 December
Turkey joins Russia and Iran in supporting SyriaGMT 09:05 2017 Monday ,25 December
Russia’s Lavrov calls on US and North Korea to start talksGMT 15:16 2017 Wednesday ,01 November
Spanish Police Arrest Moroccan Citizen Allegedly Belonging to ISISGMT 10:36 2017 Wednesday ,01 November
Manhattan truck attack kills 8, note on allegiance to ISIS discoveredGMT 20:15 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
Egypt backs Bahrain's security decisionGMT 19:59 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
Arab Parliament condemns terror attack in BahrainGMT 14:48 2017 Tuesday ,31 October
10 terror suspects sentenced to life in jailGMT 16:55 2017 Sunday ,29 October
Under US pressure, Israel delays move to expand Jerusalem
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor